Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Coralicious Socks & Kollage Yarns Sock-a-licious



A new thing for 2014 here on the blog is I'm going to start sharing a pattern and my thoughts on it and the yarn as I knit it. Maybe you will even want to knit a long with me and post your commits and questions. Here is the first one.

  • Pattern: Coralicious Socks (found on Ravelry )
  • Yarn: Kollage Yarns Sock-a-licious  (found Here )
  • My Ravelry Project Page (found Here)

Over the years I have knitted many pairs of socks, but there has been one pattern that I have knitted that I always look forward to and actually hunt yarn to make these. A couple of years ago I made these socks for a place I worked as a sample to show how the Mountain Colors yarn would look made up. At that time, I knew this pattern was special. So recently I found a skein of one of my favorite sock yarns, Kollage Yarns, Sock-a-licious, on sale and knew when I seen the yarn it would be perfect for this sock.

The Designer is Paula McKeever and her blog is SnapperKnits. The link to Paula, goes to her Designer page on Ravelry so you will get to see all of her designs.


Coralicious is a very well written pattern. The sock pattern is knitted toe up and if you have not tried that, this is a good time to start. Personally I enjoy toe up socks, you have the ability to do some sizing and it's always a good thing after putting all the time into knitting a pair of sock that they fit. :-)
Here are a couple of photos from the beginning. 







After finishing the toe increases the stitch pattern begins. This stitch pattern goes quickly and is easy to follow. This is about the first 16 rows. I now have about 6 of the repeats finished and beginning the heel. More pictures and info about the heel coming next.

Please let me know what you think of the pattern, and if you have knitted it. And by all means check out Paula's designer page on Ravelry. You wont be sorry. 

Blessed Be

No comments: