Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Starting this post I first has to say that I totally love spinning. It was wonderful spinning on a drop spindle and it's wonderful spinning on my SideKick. With that said, I have to admit that I wish I could spin as well on the wheel as I do with the spindle. LOL. But, like the spindle it will take time to get the feel of it and get comfortable. The photos below are photos of the first three bobbins I've spun. The blue/purple is the very first bobbin, the one behind it is the third. The pic below that is the second bobbin. Both dark colors are a Colonial that I had for felting and the light color is a Merino that was given to me.



Previously I have posted about the workshop that is happening at Smoky Mountain Spinnery on Feb. 18th.  I have a few pics to share that will give you a better idea of the Nuno Felting (the instructor) and 2 Handed Fair Isle, if you are not familiar with them.




We will be working with aran weight yarns so you will be able to get our hat project if not done, then almost finished. I will be available on 19th from 11-2 to help anyone finish it up.

In closing I just have to  acknowledge how grateful I am for all that's been going on in my life and the lives of my family and friends. The women in my life are strong in the face of their tests, and the men have stepped up and showed themselves to be the father's, husbands and friends that were and are needed to their families. I have a hope and expectation that wonderful things are on the horizon. Dreams do come true, yes it takes persistence, commitment and focus, but the journey to achieving the dream is where you find the substance. Learn who you are, learn about those around you and believe that every step is guided and has happened for a reason. Wonderful things come in all packages, and from unexpected sources.

No comments: