Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, January 01, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I was thinking last night as I watched the count down to the new year, just exactly what did I want from 2012, what could I create this year that would make it a stand out year. 2011 and out of control. I didn't really enjoy it and found myself facing more disappointments than usual. But, here we are on day one of a 364 (not counting today) adventure.

Since I don't make resolutions (don't get me started on that subject) I kind of made a short term "bucket list." of what I would like to do in 2012 concerning my knitting/spinning. Here are a few.
  • I would like to have about 25-30 new knitting students
  • I would like to purchase my first Spinning Wheel
  • I would like to attend Stitches South (again) and visit with my students from Atlanta
  • I would like to design 5 really good quality knit patterns that would take the beginner knitter to a more comfortable Intermediate.
Personally I think that's a pretty good start. I would like to hear what you are planning for 2012. We have a blank canvas in front of us and lets color outside the lines together this year!

The other day when I posted I shared a little bit about working at the Smoky Mountain Spinnery. I want to share with you some pictures I've taken over the past few months. We are getting so many things in it's hard to keep up with it all. (We got in some beautiful Liberty Wool, and it's just about all gone, all ready) Anyway, here we go. And I haven't even got to the yarn and roving yet. :-)















HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Welcome to 2012

No comments: