Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I'm knitting and stuff...

Its college football and time and I'm so excited. College football is a BIG DEAL in the south. Especially in the SEC Division. So I thought it would be fun to have a knitting project to do while I'm watching or listening to the games. This past Saturday, the Tennessee Volunteers had their first game under their new coach Lane Kiffin. OMG. It was awesome. I don't know how I got any knitting done. But I did, in fact the game inspired me to do a two color sock. The end zones at UT are checkered orange and white and so that's my pattern. Next week they play UCLA so I'll finish this sock and start the mate.

Some of my other knitting projects are things I'm doing to get ready for Christmas gift giving. I know it's a little early, but I'm usually caught short of time and this year I really want my holiday knitting done so I can enjoy the time.

This headband is from One Skein Wonders, 101 Yarn Shop Favorites, by Judith Durant. I took the headband from one pattern and the flower from another. I used 2 strands of Patons Classic Wool. The headband came out really nice, and I'm thinking about making a couple more of these. It's a great one day project and super for those left overs from other projects.


Another addition to my gift giving, or at least what was suppose to be gifts, are these two Circle Cloths. I found this pattern on Ravelry and just loved it. You can get really creative with this pattern by using two colors. I just stayed with what I had, but I may end up keeping these and making the two color ones as the gifts. It's another make it in a couple of hours projects that looks like you spent a lot longer on it.



Along with these I've been trying to finish up some things that have been on the needles way tooooooo loooonnnnnggggggg.

Again I'm amazed at the healing that comes with knitting. Recently I've found myself in a situation where I've had to make HUGE decisions without much time to look at all sides. For me that is " walking on thin ice." I've always been one when faced with life changing situations to look at it from every side and then make the decision. Knitting has been so therapeutic for me. Calming my mind, clearing my head and allowing me the space I've needed to make these decisions. Thank heavens for knitting.

Blessed Be

No comments: