Smoky Mountain Colors

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring, I love it!

Even though it's taking me a little while to get back into my routine here in Georgia, I am so enjoying Spring. Everything is new and fresh and the air smells good. We've had some good rains and the blooming trees are fantastic this year.

On the knitting scene, I've just about finished my Two at a Time TOFUTsies. about another inch of the leg and then the cuff. I really love how these socks feel on. Can't wait to get them on. They will be great for Spring.



I also have started a Friendship/Prayer shawl for a friend of mine. She's only 30 years old and is facing some serious breast surgery. They have to do a couple of experimental surgeries before they can say she has or doesn't have cancer. It's crazy what these doctors put people through. Anyway I am making her the Triangle Entrelac Shawls
by Diane Conroy .

This is a close up, but I am making it pretty big so she can wrap up in it and snuggle. I'm using Jo-Ann's Sensations Rainbow Classic in what they call Red/Turq Multi.

While I was in Tennessee, I exchanged some yarn that I had bought too much of for something totally out of my color scheme. I've been really trying to get out of ruts, so I picked this....

If you haven't tried knitting with Heritage, you should try it. I think you will enjoy the experience.
Blessed Be

1 comment:

Steven Brown said...

Cool article! More people need to read that! You should put it on Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). People post all sorts of articles and instructions on how to make cool stuff. You can link your website to it too. When people search for similar stuff on Wacanai your article will pop up. This should drive a lot more traffic to your article. You can even track how much more traffic you are getting because they have a bunch of graphs and stuff that show how many people are reading your article and how many people are using your info.