Smoky Mountain Colors

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Out of town

Tomorrow my son and I are headed to a karate seminar in Knoxville, Tn. We'll be staying with my mom after the seminar. It's going to be a lot of fun. Except for the missing my daughter and Gunther part. Sara has to work, but she also gets to stay home and love on the big baby. ;-)

It's been awhile since I posted anything about my kids. Sara is still working hard developing her skills as a pastry chef. She's working anywhere from 8-10 hours a day and LOVES IT. She gets to work at 6am and have the most wonderful time. Now this totally amazes me, since she is the child who is up all night and sleeps all day. LOL. But, those big checks sure can motivate. She recently got a huge raise ( her second one this year) and can now qualify for her health insurance.

GT, is studying for the police department. His goal is to become a K9 officer. With his connections I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up higher than the local police. I have been surprised to find out that some of his friends are Search and Rescue people on Federal levels. He also has a buddy that is on the state level. So who knows where he will end up. GT has always been able to set his mind to something and get it. He is very determined, motivated and focused.

On the knitting front. I have changed my teaching schedule and will only be teaching at Hobby Lobby on Thursday mornings starting in August. My Monday night students are changing to private lessons so that will be a lot of fun. I think they will progress faster and acomplish more as private students.

I finished the lap blanket and I'm just about finished with the scarf I'm helping one of my students with and I'm taking the Black Purl socks with me to work on while I'm in TN.

So off I go, I'll be back the 18th. I'll have pictures and hopefully more yarn. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the children are doing so well! It's a reflection of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Police Officer in Atlanta? What bravery! My DIL's brother is an officer in that city, and they are fortunate to have him and so many, many other fine people doing that job every day (and night!). Give him my best!

B