Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm back home, finally!

Oh my goodness, what a trip. We ended up staying longer because of my mom's health and doctor's appointments, but finally here I am. It feels so good to be back home.
I got some knitting done while away. I finished the scarf that I was helping one of my students with and I got a huge portion of the Black Purl sock done. That sock was perfect to work on while on the road and waiting in doctor's offices. There's no pattern to it, just ribbing and stockinette stitch, but the yarn is magical to use. I don't think I have ever really gotten so caught up in the pattern of the colors before.

Did I get any new yarn while up there? Nope not this time, but I did come back with something. It wasn't really planned until the last minute.



Yup, Gunther has a little brother now. We call him "T" but his AKC name is Sir Hagan Tru, son of Shockin. The explanation of his name is the Sir is a reference to his father, Royale, Hagen is the mythological brother to Gunther, Tru is a reference to what the breeder called him, Truman, and the son of Shockin is the acknowledgement of the breeder's kennel name. But, we just call him "T". Here is a link to his sire CH Stone Valley's Rocky Raccoon CD, RE, CGC, TT, HIT and a link to his mom, Shannon's Shockin You Again. T, is 16 weeks old and will be in his first dog show in October of this year. He weighs 45 lbs as of yesterday (Friday).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! On second thought, I do believe it. You love Gunther so much that I can see you buying another Dane. T is cute and Gunther is looking mighty handsome. Do they get along well?

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a good time and I hope your mother gets better.. But I cant believe you got another dog *LOL* they look adorable though..

Knit Diva said...

It is nice to hear that you got some knitting done. Gunther and "T" look like they will be GREAT Pals!! They are both beautiful... Ü

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, he's adorable. You gotta love those unplanned acquirings. I once went to a cat show and left with a kitten... totally unplanned!