Smoky Mountain Colors

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Before they go to auction


Here they are. I thought before I turned them in for the auction I would post a picture for you all. This afternoon I made tags for them with washing instructions. I have to admit, I'm glad that deadline was made and that the pressure from that is over.

I have a question for all of you that read my blog. Many of my knitting students are at the point where they can start socks but I've held back because of our limited time in class. I was thinking about having a sock class somewhere else and have about 4-5 hours to do 1 sock, with Lions Brand Wool Ease on size 5 needles or two circulars. What do you think and what do you think a reasonable fee would be? Reason why I ask, around the northside of Atlanta fees are high, down here on the south side people will not pay those fees and they think anyone who does is crazy. I need to make it worth my while taking a Saturday for the extra class, but I also want to get my students to take their next knitting step. Thanks for your help in this.

Hope you have a wonderful week, blessed be Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Erin said...

I've said it before, those pillows look awesome!

Cathy said...

Cute pillows!
Hmmm... I don't know what the "northside" fee is but, I guess your fee will have to be a little less. But make sure it's still fair for you. Wish I could be more help.

Anonymous said...

First of all the Pillows look FABOLOUS!!!!
hmm now for the socks.. I can't really give you a price since we are pretty cheap around here..we have $15.00 knitting classes for about an hour or two and they bring their own supplies..
I guess I would say as long as they buy their supplies..figure out what type of hourly rate you want and work it out with how ever many students you have.. Otherwise I HAVE NO IDEA!!! Good Luck and let us know how it goes