Smoky Mountain Colors

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Try It Again

Last night I wrote this huge update but when I posted it, guess what, yup, it didn't happen. So today I'll try it again.

Today is my son's 17th birthday. I will refrain from taking you all down memory lane and filling your mind with the motherly cliches'. If you have teenagers that you love dearly then you know exactly what I'm thinking. LOL. I will have pictures inspite of his hatred for the camera. (don't I sound authoritive)

As for knitting, well, I'm still working on the shrug, I have started my April bag for Oh Bag Me 4 times now, each time with a different pattern. I've decided this afternoon to not do a pattern just to wing it. Also I started a scarf. Yes, it's 80F outside in Atlanta right now, and I started a cabled scarf. Don't know why, just wanted to play with some cables. I also have two new books. Mason-Dixon Knitting. I love this book some great stuff, and the second book is Pursenalities. the other day I picked Pursenalities up and flipped through and seen several extra little touches that I want to try with my bags. We'll see how it goes. Today after my knitting class I went to JoAnn's and got 4 balls of Sensations Bellezza Collection Cosetta. It's a wool blend, 68% wool 32% Nylon. I have no idea yet what it will be but I guess I had to replace the yarn from my stash that I'm using for the scarf. LOL. Don't you think 4 balls of yarn should easily replace the two balls that I'm using for the scarf? LOL.

While I was at Hobby Lobby, I got the go ahead to start a crochet class. Mike was really happy that I was going to do it and now we just have to confirm up a date. I'll talk with that person tomorrow. If I can work it out I would love to do nothing but knitting and crocheting and slowly dissolve all the computer work I have to do. Cutting it in half would be wonderful.

Speaking of computer work. I have been working for about a week now changing my web site. I should have it uploaded next week. I am going to use it for the newsletter. I hope to fill it with patterns, links, articles and other goodies. If you have any suggestions for patterns or articles or links you would like to have included please email me.

Now some personal stuff that I have to vent. My friend Betty may be moving out west. Her home sold and her husband may have a job with Fender guitars. (which is great for him, sucks for me) Betty, started out as a knitting student and soon became my best friend. She is one of the few females in my life that accepts my crazy schedule, appreciates my commitment to my kids and doesn't think I'm nuts because I'm a lunatic over a dog. LOL. I know that I'm not the easiest person to be friends with (yes, believe it or not, my privacy issues sometimes get in the way) but that hasn't bothered her from being my friend. In my heart I want the best for her and her family and if she has to move out west it will sad but ok, because she is the type of friend that no matter how far apart we are in miles we will always be able to pick up right where we left. Besides we can always IM. The one thing I do know is that our paths crossed at this time in our lives for a reason and that's a precious thing. Knitting has brought many wonderful ladies into my life, but Betty, the Xtreme knitter, will always be part of my family. She will be missed.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry Betty is leaving. That sucks!
Sounds like you picked up some great books, I can't wait to get Mason Dixon Knitting for myself. I also want to get a book to teach me socks on two circulars. Maybe soon......
Happy Birthday to your son.

Erin said...

Sorry to hear about Betty leaving. I've gone through several things like that myself. The good news though is that the close friends always stay close, even when they're far away!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son.. oh my.. my son will be 9 on the 27th already I cant believe its been 9years time really does fly by..

I almost got the Mason Dixie book i was so tempted but got the new Vogue Knitting magazine..as I was stocking up on my reading books..thats always a hole in my wallet.

Im sorry your friend might be moving away.. but there is always letters postcards email and blogs!!..its fun to trade mail..Borders has this traveling journal both you and her can do!!

And I can't wait to see the bag your knitting up and the cables..i have an ongoing cabled scarf i work on whenever i get tired of other knitting *lol*