Smoky Mountain Colors

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Row 36

I have made it to row 36 of the Triangle within Triangle shawl. As usual I have another comfort shawl going on also. This one I am making for one of the Sensei's I know. She is having knee replacement surgery at the end of the month.

Back to row 36. This row is the turning point, where you have to start repeating sections of the pattern, instead of just following along. I kind of look at it as "the easy *&it is over and it's time to grow up." So now the pressure is on. Time to take that step out of the comfort zone of predictable stitches and hope I put the correct stitches where they are suppose to go.

You know in my own sick way I am enjoying the process of this shawl including the self induced pressure and deadlines. Sometimes it's the things that make your heart race and feel like it's going to jump out of your chest that make you feel alive.

Blessed Be

No comments: