Smoky Mountain Colors

Friday, November 06, 2009

Busy, but GOOD Busy

Right now life is filled with photography, my kids, my dogs and lots of knitting. How cool is that? I'm working right now on a job transition. I've for years (too many to tell you) have been working with computers. I've got more certifications than any person should, but I'm so burned out on it. The joy is gone. So I decided to take the advice that I have given out to so many of my "happy" friends, and pursue the things I love to do.

For a long time I've set aside my art, letting it out in knitting and a few projects in other mediums here and there. I've done photography just about as long as I have been knitting. My father was a photographer and I remember him always having a camera with him, or letting me take the pictures, so that's where I'm headed. Step by step I've been building a portfolio and to be honest, I'm still working on it. But I'm about to set up my photography blog and get my Flickr portfolio going and put some of my work out there to be purchased.

One thing that I want to do is do a series of pictures of knitters and spinners. What got me thinking about it, is in Gatlinburg I was touring a home and they had pictures of women cooking, gardening, sewing, knitting, spinning and working in other areas hanging in a hallway. It seemed that everyone commented on the knitting and spinning photos. Everyone knew a family member or two that knitted and some that spun. It was awesome to see the looks on their faces as they spoke of these women. Those photos brought back happy memories and good feelings. I noticed that when they spoke it renewed a closeness with the person who knitted. It was special to see.

Anyway, I have rambled, but it's felt good. Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend. I hope to have knitting pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck on your new adventure. Photography is such a wonderful way to express yourself. Have fun with your new life.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Julie