Smoky Mountain Colors

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Wandering around in pattern world


After I finished the Hemlock Ring I thought for sure I'd start a pattern that I had really had planed to do for a long time. But, NNNNOOOOO. Found out that I wasn't in the mood for it. Have you been at that place before? So I spent days going through Ravelry. Every pattern, everything I had in favorites, etc. Finally I thought ok, I just need to knit something, I don't care what it is. (not like I don't have a few things on the needles right now, but they didn't interest me either) So I started a Moebius scarf. Check out this really cool moebius pattern. It turned out really well. I will be making a lot of these for gift giving. The picture is about 2 rounds before I did the bind off.



So that filled the knitting appetite a little, but I was still hungry. So back to the search. A search that I was beginning to believe would not end. And to be honest, though I have picked up another project, it isn't the project that is taking care of the "one" project. The best that I can compare this to, it's like having a craving for your favorite food, and not getting it for a few weeks. You eat things that you like, but it isn't THE thing you crave. So in the mean time while I am searching the THE project I started the first block on a Barn Raising Quilt
by Shelley Mackie & Larissa Brown. You can find it here.




But check out this website. If you would like to participate in something and feel the need to give of yourself. This is the site for you. This knitalong is for you. Click here. For a short time the pattern will be available for free. This is a picture of SenoraFuerte’s version.



It's a wonderful pattern to cut your stash down to a manageable size. I'm using all my leftover sock yarns. This pattern can be done EVERYWHERE. I love it. Here is the start of my first block.

So while I wander around for THE pattern I will work block by block, sock by sock.

No comments: