Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year, New Yarn, Finished Socks

Happy New Year to all of you who read my postings. I hope that it's been a wonderful
14 days for you.

Since my last post a lot has happened. 2009 has started with a blast. I've got several things on the needles right now, but I finished my Monkey socks New Year's eve. How cool is that? That was my goal and I did it. Below are a couple of pictures for you. I can truly say that this won't be my last pair. I love them. I think I may do my next pair something solid or nearly solid.


Recently I was in Tennessee taking mom to the Ortho Ped Doctor to schedule her next total knee replacement (Jan. 27th) and while I was there I went to my favorite place in the Smoky Mountains. Smoky Mountain Spinnery. I have talked about this shop before and I just love it there. When you walk in it feels like you have the softest blanket wrapped around you. It's just an awesome place for me. You all know how crazy my life has been, so going in there is almost like a sanctuary of quiet and peace.
Well while I was there I made a couple of purchases. My son wants a pair of socks so he picked out this fantastic Heritage. These colors are so him. I promised him that I would start these while mom was in the hospital, because he made me promise to do a lot of relaxing knitting while she was there.




Then I seen where Nancy had woven a beautiful shawl out of Nikki . I just had to have that yarn. The colorway is nearly all my favorite colors. I have no idea what I will make out of it yet, but for now I am just enoying the color.




My other news, last buy not least, I finally started my first pair of toe up socks. Yup, I have one done and the second is just about finished. The jury is still out on how I like doing them though. Speaking of jury duty. Guess where I'll be next week. Yup. Sitting. they won't let me knit, so I'll reading and I have some patterns in my mind that I will write out. So I'll be knitting in my heart. LOL.
Have a great day,
Blessed Be




No comments: