Smoky Mountain Colors

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Down Sizing

Today's word is down sizing. That's what I've been doing. Cleaning out. I can't begin to tell you how many bags and boxes we have taken to the different donation places around town. It's been good for the three of us mentally also. Giving is always a wonderful way to bring healing into your life.

I've also been job hunting. Yesterday I went for and interview at Petsmart for a Trainers position. I sort of got the job, we have to work some scheduling problems and of course I have to pass the drug test. I'll keep you informed about it of course. The cool thing about it, is that I would be able to have Gunther with me all the time. The bad thing is that I'm going to probably have to stop teaching my knitting classes. That has me completely upset. My knitting students mean the world to me. What I'm trying to do is see if Hobby Lobby has any other days open for classes. and then work it around the Petsmart schedule. I have to give Petsmart an answer Monday.

Knitting, well for some strange reason I decided to pick up the Oregon Vest again, and I'm almost done. All I have left is about 8 inches on the right front and then it's all about the finishing. Then I'll start back on my socks. I am missing them. LOL.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming. We are doing ok, but some of the changes we are making and the decisions we are making aren't so easy. Since we believe that everything happens for a reason and that rocky times are what make us strong, holding on to those beliefs give us some stability. Our problems aren't as bad as what some families are facing this very day, we have so much to be grateful for. But changes, even good ones, can be painful and stressful. I have been so proud to see both my kids, standing and being strong. Wisdom rolling out of their mouths and making so much sense. They are becoming amazing adults. And you know what, we never see how bright we can shine until the shit hits the fan. (and we're shinning, actually we maybe glowing. ) LOL. But really, thank you so much from all of us and keep up the thoughts and prayers a little longer. Blessed be

4 comments:

Hockey Mom said...

When life seems out of control, doing even the smallest things to benefit yourself gives you a sense of control. I hope things continue to brighten for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and your children are coping, doing well and even blossoming during this difficult time.

Now for that vest you're knitting... love the pattern. Have you ever put a zipper in a knit item? I'm clueless.

Kimberly said...

Just found your blog the other day! :)

I hope things work out for you with the job situation so that you can continue with your knitting instruction!

Erin said...

I'm glad to hear you all are keeping your chins up. After all, it just takes some time to get through the bad spots and then you're right back in the good again.