Tuesday, March 14, 2006
For some reason I had a terrible time posting yesterday, so hopefully today will be better.
As you can see the bag is all done. (jumping up and down with joy) I had to made a few changes to the pattern but it all turned out. The first change was adding a single strand, 3 stitch, I-cord bind off to the opening edge. 2. the grommets didn't work out so I just ran the handles thru and sewn them. 3. Since it looked so plain without the grommets, I got the Embellish Knit out and made a long green cord and felted it, to wrap around the seams on each handle and sew them together. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it but I love it.
My next bag, which I've decided to call the "super huge" Booga bag is coming along. The pattern calls for a cast on of 34 stitches. That was going to end up too small for what I want it for, so I started with a cast on of 70. LOL. Before you ask if I had been drinking the answer is no, not at that time. LOL. I just love the shape of the Booga bag, but need it to be bigger. You know I can't remember the last time I followed a pattern exactly they way it was written. ;-)
Hope all is well and wishing you lovely weather and hours of joyful knitting