Smoky Mountain Colors

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Private lesson

This morning I had a private lesson that was one of those times where I should have been paying her, instead of the other way around. We talked about family, community, doing the right thing just because it's the right thing, quietness, accountability, boundaries, and consequences. It was one of the most spiritual and relaxing times I've had in quiet awhile. All the time were talking she was knitting, we reviewed the cast on, the knit stitch and how to fix a few errors. She caught on beautifully. In just a few minutes of talking with her, you know she is a woman of compassion. When it was time to leave, I felt renewed. On the drive home I was thinking about how amazingly powerful knitting is. I'm not a big "people" person, I love my private time, I've never enjoyed the world of "tons of friends." But, knitting has the power to bring people together and to open their hearts and minds. Knitting has brought so many people into my life that I want to be around.

Knitting has become a many faceted diamond.

No comments: