Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, November 06, 2005

A little of this a little of that

Don't you like the phrases, "just started" and "just finished"? Well I just finished the other MD Scarf I was working on. The one I used Moda Dea Sassy Stripes on. But I tend to find that as great as it feels finishing a project, it does have a little sadness, so that is why I just started another pair of socks on circulars. No, I'm not the biggest fan (yet) of socks on circulars, but I was chit-chatting with a lady at my LYS, and she suggested that I try another pair with a totally different yarn and also to make an effort to knit not so tight. (which is something that I really would like to do) So that's what I'm up to. When I got home I ran to the stash checked out what I had and found a shein of Sport Weight Wool-Ease in Autumn (very appropriate for Georgia knitting right now.) As of this morning I have about an inch of the cuff done, and it's going well. I'm using my favorite basic pattern, with the thoughts that if this goes well, next pair will be a little fancier.

Now with all that out of the way I can tell you what I purchased. (devilish grin) Since I was a good girl and used yarn out of my stash for the socks, I just couldn't help myself and I ordered $30 worth of sock yarn from Knit Picks. LOL Doesn't that make sense to you? Use one skein and then turn around buy like 10 more. Now 2 of the new skeins will not be for socks. I'm going to start making a few baby items for my cousin. Here is one of the tops. I chose Vineyard for it. I'm also going to make a little kimono but I haven't decided on the yarn yet.

Monday night starts a new session for my knitting classes. I'm really excited about it. I've also scheduled this week a private knitting lesson. That will be a lot of fun, we are meeting at the cafe at our local Barnes and Nobles. Coffee, knitting, even a pastry if it's needed. :-) A knitters life is good.

I hope that anyone who reads this has a wonderful day,

Blessed Be

No comments: