Smoky Mountain Colors

Monday, September 12, 2005

Knitting and Stuff

The other day I posted about Fridays. So Saturday I made an effort to do things a little different just to break the cycle, the routine. When you see that you are starting to dig a rut for yourself, change is always a good thing. And so it's turned into a fun little game. It was the little things that made it interesting, like ordering a different drink at Starbucks, taking different roads to get to the destination, going to a different gas station, stuff like that. I finally went to an outdoor cafe for lunch that I've wanted to go to for months by myself, which was fantastic. I also screened all my calls. If a call came in and it was for work or to "dump" it did not get answered. I have an answering machine and it needs to get used some times. LOL. One thing that was really fun was making some changes in my knitting. I'm a thrower, but I knit just about as fast as those who knit continental, so over the weekend I did everything continental. If you haven't tried knitting the "other" way, (which ever way that would be for you) try it, it's a lot of fun. So while I was knitting I wasn't thinking about being dumped on or their problems I was concentrating on the stitches, each and every one. Now after all these changes this weekend the big thing was that it put me in a better frame of mind to face and deal with those who "don't want help" and it put some fun into the everyday things. We can always use more smiles and fun!

One more thing I want to put in here. I don't know why I didn't do this before. I have a video called Sweater Finishing For Hand and Machine Knitting by Leslye Solomon. It was watched one time. Over the weekend I list it on eBay and I wanted to share that in case anyone who reads this would be interested. Here is the link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8218239930&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 This is what the cover looks like.

1 comment:

Knit Diva said...

Good for YOU!!!!!It is always nice to do things out of the norm.. I feel it brings the moral up... You deserve to do things for yourself...Ü

The phone is a big one in our family. We don't have caller id but my caller id is not answering the phone when I don't want to...hehe (I tick a lot of friends off when they know I am home) I need quiet time too!!!LOL

Take back your Fridays girlie.. I am right there with you cheering you on!!! Ü