Smoky Mountain Colors

Friday, August 05, 2005

ALL DONE!

The Kiri Shawl is finished and I plan on blocking it this weekend. It's a bittersweet moment now, because I don't want to part with it. (smile) I'll take pictures while it's blocking to post.

I have a little non-knitting news. A few weeks ago we found out that our Bassett hound's cancer had spread to his lungs and the xrays were awful. If you have ever seen the xrays of lungs that have cancer (whether human or animal) you will never forget it, anyway he had to be put down. I haven't really talked about it with anyone, I can't really yet. We excepted the first to go would be my German Shepherd because he has dysplasia so bad. Anyway, last night a friend of mine who breeds Great Danes (another wonderful German breed) offered me pick of the litter. His female gave birth Aug. 1st. So I said all that to say this. I'm headed this morning to go look at some beautiful babies. I hope to start another blog about my new puppy. I can't explain how much I am looking forward to having another young life in the house. It's so empty without the Bassett. Oh before I forget, now that the Kiri is done, I'm starting a blanket and dog bed cover for the little guy.

It will be a good Friday,
Satori

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. We had Fred for 12 years. He was all ears and personality. I will post a photo of him when he was a healthy boy pretty soon.

Again thank you,
Satori