Smoky Mountain Colors

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Back in Georgia

Home, it's great to be back with my own things. The trip was a lot of fun and I got mom's computer running better than it ever has, but there is no place like home. Actually I think I missed all the yarn. LOL.

Now I have to go through all the mail, do tons of laundry and catch up.

I do have one thing that was pretty interesting I want to share. While at mom's we went to the craft community in Gatlinburg. The weather was beautiful and the mountains amazing. I did find a couple of place that had small and very small amounts of hand spun yarn, but I was really surprised with the fact that in a setting like that there wasn't a store where spinners sold their yarn. You can see all kinds of people working with clay, and other mediums but where were the spinners? There was one little store that had hand made shawls but mostly ponchos and scarves. They had some handpainted silk scarves that were really beautiful pieces of art. So before I go back there I am going to do some research and find the spinners that are hiding in the Smokey Mountains.

Blessed be

No comments: