Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Catching Up

Last night I had a chance to just sit and knit outside for about an hour or so. It was wonderful. The weather here in Georgia has been just a little cooler than it should be this time of year, so it was pretty comfortable. I worked on the scrap shawl and got quiet a bit done. Right now I am planning on just keeping it. More than likely I'll put it in the car for when everyone wants the air conditioning on super cold and I have goose bumps the size of mountains.

I finally have a little direction in the shawl that I want to make for the reunion. I have decided to purchase the finger weight yarn from KnitPicks (Color Your Own) and dye it myself and then go from there with the pattern. I think that I can pull off the WOW that I am wanting if I can add to it that I dyed the yarn myself. At some point in the future I would love to get back into spinning, but I just don't have the time to fit everything in. Anyway, once I see how the yarn turns out I will get the inspiration for the pattern. For some reason I always run into creative problems when I pick out the pattern first, I should have known to start with the yarn and go from there.

It's fun seeing how people develop their creativity and how it works different with each person. I have a friend who is a seamstress, she can look at the fabric and see the end garment, others have to have the pattern first. What works for you, are you inspired by the colors, the texture, the pattern or a combination?

Just wondering

No comments: