Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Aware of what is in your heart

I just got back from picking up my mail from my PO Box, and the only thing I got today was the new Patternorks 2005 Summer Update. There is some beautiful yarns and patterns in this issue. I always go into overload seeing all the yarns. LOL. Anyway, I really haven't had a chance to sit down with it and go over it like I should, but something caught my eye and I wanted to put it on the blog. On the last page (page 55) there is a new book titled The Knitting Way, by Linda Skolnik and Janice MacDaniels. Linda turned her passion for knitting into creating Patternworks. She retired in 2002. Anyway let me quote here a little from the book description, "In the words of Linda and Hanice, their book is about "becoming aware that through knitting you can hear and give attention to what's in your heart and soul..." The book is an engaging and satisfying way to explore how the nuances of knitting can apply to the larger scheme of life."

The only thing I would add is that knitting lets you listen to your spirit. If anyone has read this I would love to hear from you and find out what you thought about it. Next week is pay day and I will be ordering this book.

Blessed Be, Satori

No comments: