Smoky Mountain Colors

Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm Pissed

Over the passed week there have been some things happening in Georgia government that just aweful. (If I got started on each and every issue they would kick me off this blog). I am still waiting to see the day when government is FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, instead of for the group and Lobbyist with the largest financial contribution. Right now I know that my needs are not being represented by NO ONE. So here is one of my favorite political quotes, and actually it can be applied to anything you compromise and give up your personal rights and powers to.

"When one too easily surrenders his (or hers) liberty to obtain security, soon he (or she) will have neither liberty or security. " Ben Franklin

I am now going to go knit and cool off.
Happy knitting to all, blessed be

No comments: