Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Giving

One of the things that I have learned from knitting is that the creativity and development of the item is as much if not at times more fun that wearing it. I guess it goes back to it being about the "journey" and not the end.

Something I have found that brings an added excitement to my designs and choices of what I work on next, is who I am going to give it to. Yes, there are some times, that when I start a project I don't know who I will give it to or if I will keep it. But, for the most I have someone in mind when I start it. Anyway, the appreciation I have with the process of knitting, from finding the yarn till it gets wrapped and handed to the person covers a such wide variety of feelings and emotions. Such healing.

But of course the road is both ways. I receive in the process of making the item, the person gets touched, and blessed with a surprise gift from the heart. Then again it comes back to me, seeing their happiness. A memory and feeling that I can keep with me forever. There's nothing like it in the world.

No comments: