Smoky Mountain Colors

Monday, January 23, 2012

So Much Going On and So Much On My Mind

Hey, I'm finally having a few minutes to sit down and catch my breath. It's been a full schedule of coming and going, on the phone on the computer back out running the roads, work, knitting, selling my car, etc. It's been nuts. Then lets add a couple of things that have really been laying on my heart.

Giving. Sounds simple enough. But, it's something that I did a lot more of when I lived in Atlanta. I had more time then and could sit and knit all evening and make things to give aways. Now though my direction for giving is a little different. I don't have a single person or group in mind. I just know that I want to knit and donate when I knit. So I've been asking around to different churches, organizations and charity groups and found a couple that could REALLY use the help. One is a clinic for children and the other is a ministry for the homeless and especially our military that are homeless and living on the streets. Now, if any of you feel in your heart that you would like to join me in the outreach, please email me at knittingsatori@gmail.com. I know for a fact that right now the military homeless are in serious need of socks. Not just hand made, but bags of socks from like Hanes/Fruit of the Loom, etc. I have seen so many wonderful things happen when a person gives. I know I've experienced a few miracles when I've given that could take a whole blog post to talk about. But, really, if you would like to join me, I'd love to talk with you. The child's clinic is mostly looking for blankets, small hand knit or crocheted toys/animals, hats, scarves, mittens, things a long those lines.

One true thing about people in the hand craft community is that we are always ready to help another person, no matter where we are at in our lives. That is an amazing character for such a large group of people. I have seen knitter's and spinners, freely help and assist other's that they have never met face to face, just communicated with online. It's a great thing.

Another thing on my mind (and not so deep) is knitting related also,

Stitches South. I am so hoping that I can work things out financially so I can go. It's looking good right now. Meeting up with some of my knitting students from Atlanta would be so great. I miss them. I would also like to connect with some of the customers/Ravelry friends from Smoky Mountain Spinnery. I guess I need to come up with something that has my Ravelry name on it, so I can be recognized. Any suggestions? I'm even thinking about setting up a meeting time over by the concessions so we could all meet up for a little while.

Writing my bio. I am in a place where I have to write my bio. Let me tell you, I tried it last night and I'm not good at it. I sound pretty dull. I can blog, I can encourage and I can share from my heart and experience, but putting something together about myself in an exciting way. Well, not so much. If any of you have suggestions PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know.

Buying a spinning wheel. This subject has come up many times on my blog. I guess it just wasn't the right time. But, I maybe able to in the next couple of weeks. I'm really praying that it works out. I've got it down to two, (which is great progress from me asking everyone about their wheels). Both are Schacht wheels, The Matchless is my dream wheel, every time I walk by the Matchless at the Spinnery, it calls my name. I love that wheel. My other choice is the Side Kick. What a cutie. It's of course compact, and more portable, spins well, and again the one at the Spinnery and I are on good terms. We like each other. :-)

So that's some of what's been going on. Before I go let me share one of the projects I have on my needles that I'm loving. It's the Agave Scarf, by Universal Yarns. (the link is to the Ravelry description to it) The pattern could be written a little different at first, but once you get it, OMG, you will love it. It's a great knit, easy to watch TV and do, and it's beautiful when finished. 

I'm off again. Out to do my running around for the day. Enjoy yourself, smile a lot, and knit often.

No comments: