Smoky Mountain Colors

Saturday, February 10, 2007

A whirl wind

The past 9 days have been totally crazy. And here I was hoping that 2007 was going to be kind and gentle to me. HA. But, there have been so good things and that's what I want to focus on, because that's what keeps me going. So now the story begins.

I had originally planned on leaving the Thursday before mom's birthday. (her birthday was Feb. 3) But, bad weather was coming in so I picked Sara up Wednesday night and we took off to TN. Remember now, that Monday I had posted about not being ready for the trip. LOL. I got ready and in a hurry. Wednesday we made it to mom's about 8:30 pm. It was a fun trip and we only had a little flurry of snow here and there.

The day of her birthday we had a full day. It even included time for me to go visit the "spinning lady", Nancy at the Spinnery in Gatlinburg. OMG. I am so hooked on this spinning stuff. Nancy made it so easy and I just completely love her store. She has spinning and weaving and knitting and just so much great stuff. She even opened up some of her new Spring yarns and showed me. I could have stayed there all day. So with some practice, I finally have something to share in the spinning topic. I also have a few pictures of my first attempts when I get them transferred to my computer I'll post them too. I finally feel I can do a little justice to the "goodies" that Hockeymom sent me, so that is what I am aiming for.

While there in Galtinburg we ate at the Park Grill. If you ever have the chance to eat there DO IT. I suggest the Moonshine Chicken. Delicious. They also have some outstanding ribs.

Well we made it home Monday and thought we would have a week of routine. Silly me. No way, Monday night after doing a small load of laundry I noticed water coming out of both my sinks, like over the top of the sinks, and the laundry room was flooded and starting to pour into the kitchen. Yup, pipes backed up. Roto Rooter couldn't make it till the next morning and then the next story started. They drilled, they cleaned and then Friday they dug a hold that is about 7 foot deep and 8 foot wide in my side yard. The picture is the beginning of the dig. 11 hours later my part of the pipes have been fixed and now the county will have to do their part. In fact it was because of the problems with the county's pipes and connections that I had my problems. So I'm sure a new chapter will start this Monday on dealing with them. So for two nights so far, the kids, Gunther and I have been in a hotel at night. I can't be begin to tell you the total financial cost of this, but it ain't pretty. Here's a picture of when they first started the dig. Well there's the highlights. I really hope this week I can get my act together and into the routine that I am usually wishing a break from. LOL.

5 comments:

Hockey Mom said...

Your spinning looks wonderful. I'm so sorry about all the troubles. I hope things get finished up real fast. Seems the county should reimburse you for some of this, doesn't it?

Knit Diva said...

Oh, your spinning looks Awesome!!! It is such a bummer to come home from a vacation and have that happen... I hope they can rectify some of your expenses for all of this...

Anonymous said...

Your spinning looks great!!! Sorry to hear about your pipes. I can't believe how red Georgia soil is!

Anonymous said...

On a good note your spinning is awesome.. its so addicting isnt it? On a bad note bummer about your pipes..I went through a busted pipe last year.. it was not fun.. just hang in there things will start getting better!

Anonymous said...

so very sorry about your plumbing issues. Been there but not quite that bad and it does hurt!