I did it, I reached my goal. My goal was to finish the body of the bag Sunday so I can start my friends Great Dane afghan Monday (today) and I can work on the I-cord handles through out the week, then felt it and do the finishing touches by December 2nd. It's good to start a Monday morning on schedule. LOL.
The kids suggested I take pictures of the bag in stages, so here is the bag before I added the ruffle edging. There are some changes I made to the order of the charts, the colors, I used double strands instead of single and I garter stitched the bottom instead of St st. The reason I changed the bottom, is that I know that mom will need this to be a little more durable.
Ok, here's the added ruffle in detail.
and here is the whole thing. Here's a funny. Even my Ex. seen the bag and actually had nice things to say about it. I was surprised.
I have been asked about starting a KAL for this bag, and I think I will. I'm shooting for getting it set up in the next 24 hours and then I'll post the information here. This is a great bag, and actually works up quickly. I started the body on November 21 and finished it November 26 so you can see that it if I can do it you surely can. I will be a lot of fun seeing what everyone can do with this bag.
So now, it's time to cast on the Great Dane afghan.