Smoky Mountain Colors

Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm Back from TN.

I'm back. The trip went well. Mom's health is improving, the surgery has been postponed and she will be re-evaluated in 6 months to see if she needs it. So that's all good news.

On the knitting front. I finished two washcloths while I was there and the summer footies. I did decide that I need something hard to tackle. Possibly another lace project. Not too hard just mentally consuming. I'll have some pictures of finished projects in the next day or so.

While I was in Gatlinburg, I found the coolest Spinnery shop. She had EVERYTHING you can imagine. The down side was she wasn't there. Her mom had passed away and had someone else running the shop, that didn't know a thing about the wool, spinning, or knitting. Of course it gives me another reason to go back there. ;-)

Now that everything is getting back to normal I'm jumping on the newsletter. Goal: to have it out to everyone on Friday! If you have any stories about knitting and giving, please email them to me. I still have some room.

No comments: