Smoky Mountain Colors

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Creating, Knitting and Stuff




The past few weeks I've been working on getting articles and patterns together for the Satori newsletter. (by the way I still have room for two guest articles if you are interested in writing something please email me, slm2110 ) Anyway, one of the things I've been looking into is taking simple patterns or stitch patterns and making something else with it. The pictures above is a pattern that I started yesterday for a bath rug. It's made with 2 strands of cotton on size 13 circulars. The thing I like about it, is that I have a stack of washclothes in my bathroom made from this same stitch pattern. I just "tweaked" it a little and like magic I have a bath rug. If I can do it anyone can, and that's what I really want beginning knitters to know. It's a wonderful thing to experiment the worse thing that can happen is that you rip it out. The pattern is loose, soft and feels so good. The wrong side of it also looks good, though the picture doesn't reflect it. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Cool! A project that I can relate to!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I love the colors as always.. but bath rug *lol* I want that made up into a jacket!!!! I think that would be cute as a jacket to tug on during the fall.. Great Idea!

Cathy said...

That'll be a really cool bath rug! Funky colors!

Allison said...

OH I love the colors - it is so cute! So will the pattern be in the newsletter? Would love to know what it is!