Smoky Mountain Colors

Monday, March 27, 2006

What I did this weekend

Some of the ladies that read my blog are so funny. I actually got an email from one that thought I ate that whole box of pastries myself. ROTFL. So to set the record straight. There are 3 of us in the house. When we have a dozen of anything, it breaks down like this. Each person gets 1 whole, then the 4th item is cut into 3rds. It's been this way in our house since 1994. So please don't worry. I had one Petit Key Lime Pie and one Eclair Friday night, Saturday I had my Cannoli and throughout the day had my little 3rds. If you want to worry, worry about the caffeine I intake. LOL.

Now onto the knitting front. I finished knitting the oversized Booga Bag. Being the inpatient person I am I felted it at 10:30 Saturday night. LOL. It turned out really nice. The one thing that I am glad that I did because of how it felted was add some extra rows to the length. When this yarn felted it kept most of the width and shrunk in the length. It's had to tell the dimensions by the photos

The yarn I used was Lion Brand Landscape. Which is 50% wool and 50% acrylic. It was a lot of fun wondering what it was going to look like. I think that is one of the things that I like about felting. Especially lately with some of the things going on in my life. But, now I'm again in the land of I-cord. One of the reasons I went a head an felted it before doing the I-cord, was because I was thinking about getting leather straps or some other kind of handles. But, I finally decided on going a head with the I-cord. I doubt seriously if I attach it the way the pattern calls for. (you know I have troubles following directions) ;-)

I also had some time Sunday evening to work on a pattern design that's been in my head ever since I did the Saxon Scarf. This is an area that I've neglected and decided to get back where I belonged. One of my goals this year is to design and create 3 knitted patterns. So hear we go...

The Newsletter: The subscribers are slowly coming in. My goal is to send out the first newsletter by the end of April. So cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your booga turned out great.. I love the colors.. I work with wool pak yarns..I am actually designing my own bag right now..it does take some thinking.. but its just so much fun...You knit fast!! dang i remember when you just got the yarn not that long ago jeeshhhh!!..

Melissa said...

The bag looks great! :) Love the colors.