Smoky Mountain Colors

Friday, October 21, 2005

My Day In Pictures



I came into my office area and seen him. So this will give you an idea of what was on my kids minds. LOL.


My kids took me out to a wonderful healthy breakfast. See the Walnut Carrot Cake and the Grande Non Fat Latte, that's mine for the record. GT didn't want his picture taken, can you tell? LOL. This picture is precious to me because it really reflects the differences in their personalities.


This was the first gift. They gave it to me early so I could take pictures all day.


Here's my Great Dane cake. Isn't it great? I had Scooby plates, and napkins and the candle on the cake is just adorable.


And my other gifts. Do you remember the movie the Ugly Dachshund? The Great Dane that was raised with the Dachshunds? Then my son got me the new book by the Knitty Gritty show on DIY host (Vickie Howell) called New Knits On The Block, and Sally Melville's new book, The Knitting Experience Book 3: COLOR. I've only had a chance to skim through both the books but from what I have seen, I will be knitting up that stash of mine pretty quickly. Check these books out when you get a chance.


And of course what kind of birthday would it be without my own little "Scooby?" Here Gunther is getting in on the action. He had gotten into the dirty clothes and was playing while I was opening presents. GT took some of the bows and put them on his head and Gun decided to stop and pose for the new camera. LOL. What a clown. He definitely made this birthday not so sad since this was my first birthday in 10 years without my Shadow by my side.

It's been a great day. Now the drinking must begin. The joy of having a birthday that falls on a Friday, I can party all weekend. My wish is that you do to! To all of you who sent me birthday wishes, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Though we have never met, I feel like I know many of you personally from your blogs and emails. Thank you again.

3 comments:

Knit Diva said...

Awwww!!! Your kids are so precious... Enjoy your B-day today and I hope many years to come are as joyful as this year... Gunther is growing fast.. He is so precious... Have fun with the NEW camera...hehe I hope you have a wonderful Birthday Weekend...hehe Ü

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! :o)

...Deb sent me...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!